OSPE promotes the ethical and professional practice of engineering, advocate licensure, and enhances the image of the profession through education, leadership training, networking, and outreach activities.
- Protection for the public welfare by promoting acceptable standards in engineering education and licensure as minimum qualifications for the practice of engineering.
- Uniting of all engineers of the state in one organization.
- Advancement of the professional, social, and economic interests of the professional engineer.
- Representation of the engineering profession in legislative matters.
- Cultivation of public appreciation for the work of the professional engineer through improved public relations.
- Development of civic involvement by members of the engineering profession.
- Establishment and preservation of high standards of moral and ethical conduct by all members of the engineering profession.
1. Advocate the ethical and professional practice of engineering
2. Provide continuing education and networking opportunities
3. Communicate legislative, licensure, and key issues to membership and the public
4. Enhance the image of the profession